Tuesday 11 February 2014

The Scoop Behind "Bake, Batter, and Roll"


Plain and simple: I love to bake.

Some of my first memories are baking seemingly endless batches of Christmas cookies with my mom and great-aunt. More than anything, I remember the feeling associated with those bake-a-thons. Happiness! Mind you, back then my major contribution to the never-ending cookie assembly line was sugar and sprinkle distribution (very important!), and of course, dedicated (albeit self-appointed) taste-tester!  

Unfortunately, since then, my great-aunt has passed on, but I still participate in the annual cookie endurance run with my mom, and while I’m still in charge of sprinkles I have now graduated to mixing, rolling, cutting, and baking as well (Auntie Mee would be proud!).

These experiences have cemented in me a love for taking simple ingredients and turning them into something wonderful, as well as an appreciation of the work that goes into creating something other than a mess. Luckily, these days I have my boyfriend to help with the latter. I bake, he cleans, we eat.. I’d say it’s a win-win (but, really, I got the better end of the deal..just don’t tell him that!).

So, that brings us to Bake, Batter, and Roll. Often, when I’m baking, or cooking, I like to pretend I’m hosting a TV show (no joke – don’t laugh). In my head – and sometimes out loud – I work through the steps of what I’m creating, as if I have an audience. Additionally, I love taking pictures of what I make, and telling people about my culinary escapades (good or bad!). And while still I’m waiting to be discovered by the Food Network and given my own show, I thought the next best way to get my baking adventures out there was naturally – duh – a baking blog!! And poof, Bake, Batter, and Roll was born!

I’m not a professional, I’m just like you – I like to make good food and share it with the people I love. There are few things I find as satisfactory as someone telling you they love what you made. My hope is that you gain some insight into why baking takes equal parts passion and patience, and are inspired to try your hand at creating some delicious, homemade treats; or at the very least find a good recipe or two to take with you.

So let’s Bake, Batter, and Roll :) 

PS: Seriously, Food Network, hit me up!

Cheers, 
Bridget



No comments:

Post a Comment